Josh

ENH1750EXT Diffcult Communication

My new ENH1750EXT was recently mobilized to its permanent home up on a mast a couple of buildings away from my desk.  We have ENS500 bridge devices carrying the network between buildings.  I am having difficulty maintaining a solid IP connection from my browser to the ENH1750.  I can type the address, and I get a login page, once I am logged in, the response from the device becomes intermittent.  I have tried changing the internal IP of the ENH1750 to see if I had generated an address conflict in the time the device was moved from my desk, and powered back up in its final place, as well as switching from https: back to http security.  The POE injector is about 3' from my switch and the run from the injector to the device is ~50 feet.  So POE distances should not be an issue.  My last resort is to do a factory reset, or as much of a factory reset is possible on this device with no physical reset button.  (The POE injector reset button does not seem to work,) and then reset an IP address on a local client connected directly to the device and re enter all the settings.  The device is currently being used to run an SA5315 sector antenna with the three 5Ghz ports, and the 2.4 Ghz ports are using the local stubby antennas. 

How far away are those ENS500s from the ENH1750EXT with the SA5315 sector antenna? Are the ENS500s within the 120° horizontal beamwidth of the SA5315? Can you also check the RSSI that the ENS500s are getting from the ENH1750EXT and vice versa?

The ens500's are all outside of the arc of the Sa5315. We have a total of 4 bridge pairs. They are all hubbed out of the central building, with three ens500's facing generally south, and one facing northwest. Each of those four have their own corresponding receiver on the appropriate building that is part of the network. They are also on completely different faces of the central build

Con't... central building. The enh1750 faces generally east. The distance to about 75' linear, not counting roof corners and such. I cannot see any of the enh500's from the enh1750. I do not know how to check the RSSI. If that is in the ui of the enh500, I will have to talk to the guy who set those up. I am simply adding an AP and antennas to an existing network to get the wifi out to the east side over the golf course.

here is an approximate map of our set up.  The ENS500's and the ENH1750 only communicate through wires to the HP switch at the source.  There is no wireless communication between the ENS500's and the ENH1750.  I believe that solves the RSSI question.  There is also no line of sight from the ENS500's on the source building to the ENH1750. They are obstructed by corners. The powered sector is the one SA5315 That is connected 3x3 to the ENH1750EXT on the 5 ghz ports.  I am still not seeing the signal in that sector.  Are the transmit power settings in the UI that I am missing?  the only place I see it is under the wireless tab there is a power option but it is greyed out due to the channel option being in auto.

Wireless Plan.jpg

This still seems to be an issue.  I believe the root cause of the slowdown is the limited bandwidth in the wireless signals between the ENS500's, and the volume of information they are carrying.  It seems to be getting better, but I still have times when the AP appears to be unresponsive or taking a VERY long time to respond.  I guess my best bet is to always use a terminal that is on the same switch as the AP.