Josh

ENH1750Ext bad firmware?

So I went out and got the newest firmware for the ENH1750Ext that I am about to deploy on my network.  When I flashed the update, the Firmware and Timezone tabs now show a blank screen, I've tried the built in factory reset, which did not reset firmware, and I tried the "Reset Button" on the POE injector that is supposed to reset the AP... that didn't work either. So since I cannot see my Firmware screen to see the version, or browse and upload the firmware again, is it possible to roll-back to ver. 2.0.5 which was the default on the device from the factory? 

I just had this happen to me a few minutes ago!  I've tried multiple times and ways to do a master reset with the external reset button and NOTHING!

It goes through all the flashing like it will reset, but then nothing and still displays the same SSID so I know it hasn't reset.  

All of this happened with this last firmware update this morning...

So that fixed the visibility on the screens. I can see the Timezone and Firmware tabs again. This should probably be something to put in the release notes for the new firmware.  This is the first time I've ever had to clear browser history for a firmware flash to work on ANY device.

But this did not answer why the reset button on the POE injector did not reset the ENH1750.  A physical reset button is almost mandatory on any device you can change the IP address on just because there is always a chance that you type it in wrong, or give it a wrong sub-net, and then can never find it again.  Its an uncommon error, but no one is perfect.

Edited by Josh