tommy

How to setup wifi for EDS5255 wireless IP camera-HELP!!

I bought two EnGenius EDS5255 cameras. I have been unable to add them my wifi. Each camera is currently plugged into a gigabit switch and has a valid DHCP IP address. I can go to Google Chrome, type in the IP address, and configure the cameras. However, when I attempt to apply the AP profile created in the GUI, it says rebooting and has a countdown from 15. After the reboot of the camera it boots back to the original screen and says disconnected from wifi. The wifi password and SSID information is correct. 

How do I connect these wireless cameras to a wireless network? I also attempted through the Engenius APP and the QR codes, but adding the cameras to wifi through the EnGenius app on the iPhone is not a valid option. I am hoping to buy 5 more of these cameras to include an AP bridge, but if I cannot get these two connected to the wireless, I am going to return them. I have tried to call technical support and hung up after 80 minutes on hold yesterday. is there a different 1-800 number?

Once you create the AP profile and during system rebooting, you need to un-plug the LAN cable from the camera, then it will connect to your wireless AP automatically.

How do you determine the IP of the camera after it picks up on the wifi for future maintenance and monitoring?

You can set a static IP for the camera, or you can use "EnViewer Finder" tool to find the camera in your network (include IP information).

You can follow some simple steps to set up WiFi for wireless IP camera:

• Press the WiFi button on the camera for 1 second.
  • Go to the Settings. Select the WiFi network created by your camera.
  • Select the camera in the camera list.
  • Click the setting icon to open the settings menu.
  • Select WiFi Network.
  • Select the WiFi network and enter the password.
  • The camera connects to the WiFi network.

Hope this will help you. If still the problem remains, consult with CCTV installation company or contact technical support team.

Sometimes it's not working like that and you should go for more easy options like Bamdcam. It's way easy to install and then just transform bandcamp to mp4 and be sure about your security. If anything happen you will be aware of it and you will have all the video evidence after all. And easy to install on your own.