I am trying to get the latest firmware for the EAP300 and I cannot seem to locate it on the main website.  I e-mail support and I was directed to the website.   If someone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Tony Kaczoroski

Dear Tony,

As I remember, there are 2 hardware version of EAP300 .. 1st version was phased out already.

May you help to take a picture for the label pasted on the bottom cover of unit ? That will help to confirm hardware version.

Hello TMac,

Thanks for your response.  I was hoping not to have to do it this way seeing as all of my access points are mounted on ceilings that are 24 ' high....  but if this is the only way then .... up I go...

Dear Tony,

OK .. got it. I found another way .. May you provide the firmware version that AP used currently?

Hello TMac,

I went to the link and downloaded v1.4.4 as you instructed.  I still get the message - "Firmware upgrade is failed for unexpected reasons. Please make sure your firmware is valid."

I rebooted the EAP300 and tried again - same results.

Any suggestions?

Tony

Alijalali,

Thank you for your help.  I got pulled away from this project onto a number of other projects, but I was able to download the v1.7.22 firmware today and I just finished upgraded all of my AP's.

Thank again for your help.

Tony

I know that it is not proper posting to add another question, but I was wonder if either of you two (TMac or Alijalai) what this message means on the Wireless Network Settings Tab.  I have checked and I do not see where I can adjust these setting to remove the error.  I was getting this on all of the AP's even before the upgrade.  The problem I am having is that after a period of somewhat heavy usage my entire wireless network stops transmitting and I lose internet connectivity.  All I have to do is to reboot one of the AP's and all four of the them come back on-line and work fine.  This happens infrequently with no apparent common thread except maybe around times of heavy usage.  Any suggestion woull be greatly appreciated.

802.11 B/G/N Mixed802.11 N Only802.11 B/G Mixed802.11 G Only802.11 B Only
CAUTION: 802.11 N , Unsupported WEP security mode and TKIP encryption.