Ryan

EAP1750H Band Steering Issue

We have several EAP1750H Acces Points and they have been working fine until I enabled the Band Steering. I experienced random disconnection from my devices with this feature enabled. This was supposed to allow my 5 Ghz devices to connect to the 5 Ghz band and leave the 2.4 Ghz clear from my older devices. How can I make this feature work for my network?

I am experiencing the same issue with both an ECB600 and EAP1200H. Both with the same SSID for both 2.4G & 5G on both devices. I have enabled Band steering and Fast Handover. My devices, especially mobile devices loose WiFi connectivity continually, requiring user to constantly reconnect. The reliability of Engenius is very troubling, especially since I deployed a cheap D-link device which has none of these issues. And I can see from the forum that Engenius rarely even answers these questions. It it time to buy a different manufacturers products and recommend everyone stay away from Engenius products?

Out of curiosity are you using the 'force 5Ghz' or 'prefer 5Ghz'   -  I'm running with 'prefer' and I'm seeing similar problems with disconnects, but also a long time to 'reconnect' (for example returning back home with an iPhone/iPad takes ~30 secs to establish the connection with a known SSID).