Sign in to follow this  
Joong-ki

Captive portal

On 2016年6月28日 at 4:02 PM, TMac said:

Is there any plan to support captive portal in stand alone mode of EWS AP?

I'm afraid there'll be no captive portal support on standalone mode of EWS APs.

We recommend using EWS APs with either ezMaster or EWS Controller Switch if you need to enable captive portal feature.

12 minutes ago, Joong-ki said:

Is user ID/password required for client access via Guest Network with Captive Portal?

Depends on your settings.

Below are the 3 options you can use to authenticate connected users.

2016-06-29_162707.jpg

Choose "Splash & Go" and connected users won't have to authenticate upon logging on.
Choose "ezMaster Authentication" and connected users will be authenticated using ezMaster's internal user database.
Choose "RADIUS Server" and connected users will be authenticated using the user defined RADIUS server.

• Upvote 3

On 7/4/2016 at 4:56 PM, Joong-ki said:

Will third-party authentication still be supported in Authentication Type from future release update?

You can always use any third party Captive Portal Application and the Neutron Access points should be able to work with it.

Third party captive portal works well in my case. I only need the RADIUS server configurable in AP. For me, I got concerns on the "guest network". It looks like current captive portal service (in EZMaster) is bound with NAT of guest network. It will induce limitation (like roaming) for me.

• Upvote 1

On ‎2016‎年‎7‎月‎7‎日 at 10:14 PM, Leo Penn said:

Third party captive portal works well in my case. I only need the RADIUS server configurable in AP. For me, I got concerns on the "guest network". It looks like current captive portal service (in EZMaster) is bound with NAT of guest network. It will induce limitation (like roaming) for me.

It's an interesting topic, guest network with roaming.  Since it's across NAT, I'm wondering if client will get another set of IP and need to go thru captive portal again after roaming.