Dodong_Jan2x

Hard reset after firmware upgrade

It is not but I usually do this if the device is encountering problems. If the user just wants to upgrade the firmware and the device is already working properly then I skip the reset.

• Upvote 1

I would say you may or may not reset your AP/Bridge/Router after a firmware upgrade. I think it is not necessary to manually push the reset button because you can restore the settings back to factory default on the GUI itself.

Edited by Derrick

It will be very inconvenient to do a factory reset every time you upgrade the firmware. 

As we know, doing a reset will delete all the settings and information that is set to the device. Performing a reset after the upgrade is actually a requirement specially if the device is encountering issues. It is required so that we can make sure that the new firmware can run properly without the bugs from the old firmware.

Normally we should not do reset to default after firmware upgraded, but if the setting table is changed because of new features added or else, then possibly the settings would be error when implementing original setting parameters to new setting table. So that's why we do that if we can do.