Is there a difference of the throughput when devices are configured as AP-CB, WDS AP-WDS STA, or both in WDS Bridges? Assuming they are to be installed to the same network, at 300ft clear line of sight.

Hi Caila,

Due to the different mechanism on SW side, the WDS connecting throughput may be greater than AP-CB connection. The difference may exist 10~20Mbps difference.

• Upvote 3

Nice, thanks a lot. I can't seem to find any article about this. I was trying to gather the advantages of setting up in WDS over AP-CB setup.

On 2016/7/7 at 2:03 PM, Jose Feranandez said:

Due to the different mechanism on SW side, the WDS connecting throughput may be greater than AP-CB connection. The difference may exist 10~20Mbps difference.

May I know the difference of 10~20Mbps is under which operated WiFi standard( 11n or 11ac ) with how many streams?

On 2016/7/10 at 10:18 PM, Agnès Q said:

May I know the difference of 10~20Mbps is under which operated WiFi standard( 11n or 11ac ) with how many streams?

Hi Agnès Q,

The difference is on 11n mode. For 11ac mode, the difference will be achieved 30Mbps at EnStationAC (11ac 2x2 CPE)