Sign in to follow this  
Ryan

ENS202 repeater mode

Why does the ENS202 have a repeater mode? Any viable applications using a repeater with a directional antenna?

9 minutes ago, CS13 said:

I believe that the firmware of the ENS202 and the ENS202EXT are the same.

Any viable applications for an ENS202 as a repeater?

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Why does the ENS202 have a repeater mode? Any viable applications using a repeater with a directional antenna?

Using the ENS202 or any directional antenna as a repeater does not make any sense. To answer your question, there is no viable application for such operating mode using a directional antenna. You can use the ENS202EXT instead. 

By the way, the repeater function is there for the ENS202 because I believe, all ENS devices shares the same firmware. I hope someone can verify this.

• Upvote 2

On 2016/7/7 at 7:34 AM, earthmyrll said:

Using the ENS202 or any directional antenna as a repeater does not make any sense. To answer your question, there is no viable application for such operating mode using a directional antenna. You can use the ENS202EXT instead. 

By the way, the repeater function is there for the ENS202 because I believe, all ENS devices shares the same firmware. I hope someone can verify this.

Hi 

Confirmed your question. Due to the same design for HW and sharing the same SW base on the both ENS202 and ENS202EXT, the ENS202 also has the repeater mode.

• Upvote 2