Sign in to follow this  
Stephen

Bricked ESR300 and ESR350

I am a reseller and I have had 4 routers this week to just brick on me. I am not sure if it was an autoupdate that is doing it or what. I fixed the problem after speaking to a Engenuis Tech who had no help for me since they were out of warranty by 6 months. If you have this problem you will notice that the power light will be red ,the wan light will blink steady blue, no wifi light.  First you need to log into your router with the ip address 192.168.99.9 subnet mask 255.255.255.0 

You will have to set a static IP on your computer in the same network. 

You will need to download the new firmware from the web site. this article has a link for each devices firmware. https://helpcenter.engeniustech.com/hc/en-us/articles/115009719768-EnShare-Exploit-Firmware-fix

after the update finishes you can log into the router through its web interface with the defaut username and password. 

On 11/3/2017 at 5:17 PM, Stephen said:

I am a reseller and I have had 4 routers this week to just brick on me. I am not sure if it was an autoupdate that is doing it or what. I fixed the problem after speaking to a Engenuis Tech who had no help for me since they were out of warranty by 6 months. If you have this problem you will notice that the power light will be red ,the wan light will blink steady blue, no wifi light.  First you need to log into your router with the ip address 192.168.99.9 subnet mask 255.255.255.0 

You will have to set a static IP on your computer in the same network. 

You will need to download the new firmware from the web site. this article has a link for each devices firmware. https://helpcenter.engeniustech.com/hc/en-us/articles/115009719768-EnShare-Exploit-Firmware-fix

after the update finishes you can log into the router through its web interface with the defaut username and password. 

Download the 1.3.30 first, then use the exploit fix firmware or you will have a device that cannot retain the settings you store on it.

http://www.engeniusnetworks.com/product/product.php?c=11&s=26&p=113

Firmware
Product Name Version Release Date File Size  
ESR350 V 1.3.0 2015.08.20 12775KB icon_download.jpg
Note Please upgrade this firmware before upgrading the latest firmware from v 1.2 or v 1.1.

Thanks, I only had one with settings resetting after power loss. It would be nice if Engenus would pop in here and give a bit of help on this or at least acknowledge there is a problem. 

Thanks for the insight, this gave us some much needed answers.

We are also a reseller and had so far 3 separate ESR350's with this issue in less than a week. Up until now we've never had a problem. If it is an auto firmware update doing this, its a shame it is happening after the ESR350 has been discontinued. For the time-being we disabled auto firmware upgrades on the devices.

Please where you pick this information because y check everyware on Engenius site and never the technical support  tel us me about this IP to access on a firmware update ... 
Every time  Engenius tel about 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.2.1   and nothing more .