PA1852

Constant Beeping; R1 symbol displayed

We have several EnGenius Durafon Pros (model SP-922PRO HC V2). One of the phones is now beeping every few seconds. On the display, an "R1" is shown as well as a symbol of a handset crossed out. I've tried unregistering/reregistering the phone, but this didn't help.

20170206_140123.jpg

R1 = Repeater mode. I've turned that off via the menu

The crossed out handset symbol is now also gone.

The phone is still beeping. It does a double beep every few seconds. The battery seems to to charged. I've switched batteries with another phone and the beeping continues.

I'm having this same exact issue.  The beeping is driving my overnight team insane. 
I can't find any information in any of the documentation about beep codes, so I have no idea what exactly is causing this. 

I've reached out to the support e-mail, but haven't heard anything back yet.  Can't seem to find any phone numbers that work.

How many handsets and base stations you have? Do all handsets registered to a single base? If you have multiple base linked together, with multiple handsets. You may have to re-program all of them after resetting the base to factory defaults.

If you're familiar with the programming of your handsets and base stations, you can just reset the handset that giving you issue. Then use the handset  with IDs 10 or 11 to program the handset (assigning handset ID or line dedication, for instance) as they are admin handsets. See attached file on how to reset the handset to factory default settings and how to program it.

Hope this suffices your requirement.

Best Regards
Phil

DuraFon_PRO_Quick_Ref_Sheet_and_FAQs_FINAL.doc