jessicaBHE

ENS202 EXT

Hi, I dont know if I did it right. 

I attached a plan so you can see the site situation and where I plan to put the 1st EnS202Ext unit and the 2nd EnS202 Ext unit. The existing router that located inside the house is 350 to 400ft away to where we want internet signals.

My plan is to put 1st unit on top of the west roof outside the main house and the 2nd unit also on top of the roof outside the West side of Barn bldg. I dont know if I did it right.

Now, the 1st unit do I have to set that as an AP and also the 2nd unit as an AP?

Could you please help me if 2 units of ENS202Ext are necessary for that situation?

Could you please also help me about what settings do I put like the SSID, Operation Mode and so?

Thank you, I appreciate your input and advice.

Wireless plan.pdf

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jessicaBHE said:

Hi, I dont know if I did it right. 

I attached a plan so you can see the site situation and where I plan to put the 1st EnS202Ext unit and the 2nd EnS202 Ext unit. The existing router that located inside the house is 350 to 400ft away to where we want internet signals.

My plan is to put 1st unit on top of the west roof outside the main house and the 2nd unit also on top of the roof outside the West side of Barn bldg. I dont know if I did it right.

Now, the 1st unit do I have to set that as an AP and also the 2nd unit as an AP?

Could you please help me if 2 units of ENS202Ext are necessary for that situation?

Could you please also help me about what settings do I put like the SSID, Operation Mode and so?

Thank you, I appreciate your input and advice.

Wireless plan.pdf

Based on the scenario that you have outlined, you would need to get a dedicated point to point bridge link to connect the 2 locations together. By looking at the map you sent, It appears that you only need wireless coverage at the barn. If so, get a pair of ENS500 to create a Point to point bridge link between your main house and barn then daisy chain the ENS202EXT to ENS500 at the barn. See attached file: (red squares are the ENS500s)

 

House to Barn.jpg

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you laireV, I appreciate your input.

What setting of operation mode should i use for the ENs500 on the Main House, ENs500 on the Barn and the ENs202?

Do you have cheat sheet that I can follow for setting up the units?

 

Thank you.

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, jessicaBHE said:

Thank you laireV, I appreciate your input.

What setting of operation mode should i use for the ENs500 on the Main House, ENs500 on the Barn and the ENs202?

Do you have cheat sheet that I can follow for setting up the units?

 

Thank you.

 

 

You're most welcome. ENS500s must be configured as WDS Bridges. Please refer to the attached file on how to configure the ENS500s. 

 

Keep in mind that the model on the attached file is an ENH500. However, the steps and procedure apply to your ENS500.

 

Hope this suffices your requirement.

ENH-500-WDS-Bridge.doc

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you, laireV.

Just for verification.

The 1st Ens500 set mode as AP

The 2nd ENs500 set mode as Bridge

The ENs202 set as AP?

 

Am I right?

Thanks

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jessicaBHE said:

Thank you, laireV.

Just for verification.

The 1st Ens500 set mode as AP

The 2nd ENs500 set mode as Bridge

The ENs202 set as AP?

 

Am I right?

Thanks

You're welcome jessicaBHE!

The file that I sent to you would be the ideal way of creating a Point to Point bridge link. Both ENS500s will be configured as WDS Bridges. Then the ENS202EXT would be a standalone Access Point.

Cheers!

Happy Holidays:-) 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you so much, laireV ...I appreciate your help:)

 

Happy Holiday!

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

laireV,  I'm assuming the 2 EnS500Ext units and the EnS202Ext are connected wirelessly to each other, am I right?

 

Thanks

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jessicaBHE said:

laireV,  I'm assuming the 2 EnS500Ext units and the EnS202Ext are connected wirelessly to each other, am I right?

 

Thanks

 

No its not the ENS500EXT. It should be ENS500 for your Point to point. Then the ENS202EXT would be your Access Point. See below topology:

Main House (internet) Router---wired--ENS500 ))))))) WDS Bridge ((((((ENS500---wired---ENS202EXT (at the barn)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ohh...ok, thank you again, that's really helpful.

 

I appreciate it:)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

laireV, I have another scenario... if the Main Router installed inside  the basement of the 3 storey building and we want to have a wireless signal on top of the roof. 

What unit do you recommend to extend the wireless signal?

Thanks again.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, jessicaBHE said:

I mean extend the wireless signal outside the building.

 

Tnx

This would depends on the dimension, type of application, and user density. If you are looking into provide wireless coverage outside the building then use and Access Point. The question is, do you need dual band/radio or single band/radio access point?

Best Regards

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks laireV.

 

How will I know if I need dual or single band/radio access point?

 

Can I use the ENs202Ext mount it on top of the roof and set it as Access Point? The distance from the main router up to where we want a signal is at least 120ft. 

The exterior wall of the building probably at least 8 to 10inches.

 

Thanks

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jessicaBHE said:

Thanks laireV.

 

How will I know if I need dual or single band/radio access point?

 

Can I use the ENs202Ext mount it on top of the roof and set it as Access Point? The distance from the main router up to where we want a signal is at least 120ft. 

The exterior wall of the building probably at least 8 to 10inches.

 

Thanks

It depends on the wireless users. For instance a laptop,  it has a wireless adapter that supports both 2.4GHz and 5GHz. It can benefit dual band access point as it can either connect to 2.4GHz signal or 5GHz signal coming from the access point.

With regard to the second project, it would be better providing as a complete details of the whole scenario and I suggest creating a new Topic for it on this forum. Please include the following:

* Current network setup

* Building dimension

* User Density (number of wired and wireless user/s)

* Type of application (multimedia streaming, internet access)

Thank you and I look forward to seeing a new Topic post in this regard

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi laireV, I created anew topic called  ENS202Ext unit on Exterior Flat Roof 2 Storey Bldg. I also attached a drawing.

You might want to take a look at it.

 

Thanks much,

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now