Sign in to follow this  
C.C Liu

AC device default Bandwidth is 40??

27 POSTS IN THIS TOPIC

It weird, I saw a lot of AP device and never see any AP default bandwidth is 40 for AC only engenius....

If 40 means ht40, I think it's not a bad idea to set ht40 in default for Neutron product line. (I just checked my Neutron device (EWS320), default value is still in ht80?) In my deployment (NY), ht80 never works well. 5G channels are not clean any more. If your concern is on "not show best capability as default value", well, I don't think that's an issue. For someone who really care about bandwidth settings, he will always check the details available in this option.

Default is HT80 now. Will it be changed to HT40 in next version? I don't care what's the default value in next version. Even it is HT160, I'll change the setting back to HT40 in my environment.

Interesting. I got no problem on HT80 two years ago. However, from 2015, I solved a lot of customer issues by changing it back to HT40.

5 hours ago, Leo Penn said:

If 40 means ht40, I think it's not a bad idea to set ht40 in default for Neutron product line. (I just checked my Neutron device (EWS320), default value is still in ht80?) In my deployment (NY), ht80 never works well. 5G channels are not clean any more. If your concern is on "not show best capability as default value", well, I don't think that's an issue. For someone who really care about bandwidth settings, he will always check the details available in this option.

Agree ! I have no idea why someone said it's weird?

I also don't care what's the default value, but HT40 indeed is better setting in my real environment.

I agree with @Leo Penn that the 5G channels are not clean anymore and it is recommended that the Channel HT Mode: 40MHz.

More and more people are using dual band routers and Access Points.

14 hours ago, Leo Penn said:

Very interesting, EWS320 is AN not AC, why you can see BW in 80, haha....

1 hour ago, C.C Liu said:

Very interesting, EWS320 is AN not AC, why you can see BW in 80, haha....

Looks like someone is not here for discussion. I vote HT40. I got EWS360 for K12 market.

All SI/MIS engineers should have ability to setup  a proper WiFi configuration base on real environment, taking the easiest road always is a bad choose.

In my opinion, default values are just default settings on device when user got it out of box.  Wireless environment is quite dynamic now and user should adjust it to best meet local deployment.   

Each default setting is unable to meet each user. It should be able to get the maximum speed for the default bandwidth. AC product should be HT80. Users can adjust it for their environment.

On 2016/7/12 at 4:42 PM, Adonn said:

Each default setting is unable to meet each user. It should be able to get the maximum speed for the default bandwidth. AC product should be HT80. Users can adjust it for their environment.

I am confused, and just saw " Each default setting is unable to meet each user" and " Users can adjust it for their environment" ...

SO why the default has to be maximum bandwidth? I didn't see the reason !? Sorry ..

11 hours ago, LibRaquArius said:

I am confused, and just saw " Each default setting is unable to meet each user" and " Users can adjust it for their environment" ...

SO why the default has to be maximum bandwidth? I didn't see the reason !? Sorry ..

Is it reasonable to set 11n bandwidth by default for AC product?

On 2016/7/8 at 6:07 PM, Frank Sivero said:

And why do we need Ferrari?

Ferrari never limit their speed by default

6 hours ago, Derekyu said:

Ferrari never limit their speed by default

Yeah, so why don't they cancel the highway speed limit for Ferrari? 

Looks like the logic is:
I get in the car, step on the accelerator, and it directly goes to the highest speed. If I got car accident, I'm then disqualified by the car vendor because:

On 2016/7/8 at 8:40 PM, C.C Liu said:

All SI/MIS engineers should have ability to setup  a proper WiFi configuration base on real environment, taking the easiest road always is a bad choose.

Edited by Grant Woods

I have a good idea!!

I suggest send engenius AC device to smallnetbuilder for review. 

じゃ、あなたは勝った。 
あなたはリミットのフェラーリが買おう ,
まあ いいよ わたし80MHzを使うから

11 hours ago, Frank Sivero said:

Yeah, so why don't they cancel the highway speed limit for Ferrari? 

So Ferrari vendor will limit their speed by default to meet  the highway speed limit?

I'm not sure if car like Freeari's speed limit existence should be proper for reference of default setting on channel width here.  My idea is even Ferrari didn't set the speed limit for the car, the driver has to step on gas pedal and change the gear to achieve the high speed; for AP configuration, the user should also adjust the settings like changing gear for the best performance.