Relly

EAP1300 Latest Firmware Issues v3.3.1_c1.8.59

Greetings,

Just updated the firmware on my EAP1300 and now I am unable to change the "Wireless Mode" setting for either radio, the option is grayed out. I tried resetting to factory defaults via the reset button and via the web interface and the option still remains grayed out. Unchecking the green mode box does nothing. The firmware version is now v3.3.1_c1.8.59 from the US site, is there a way to downgrade to a previous version? Changelog information about the firmware is elusive.

I also noticed the title line on the web interface now says "Dual Radio Wall Plate AP." Didnt notice that before.

Not sure whats up with this thing, it seems to be functioning properly with the exception of the above issues.

Any input is appreciated. Thanks.

Screenshot_20180903-133544.png

Screenshot_20180903-133453.png

Edited by Relly

I'm experiencing the same odd behavior from one of my two EAP1300 units.  I've upgraded the firmware on both, but only one of them is showing the "Dual Radio Wall Plate AP" name.  Also the 5GHz LED stopped working.

This is the response I got from Engenius about this issue:

EnGenius Support-2 (EnGenius Technologies)

Sep 10, 12:58 PDT

Hello Terrell,
Thank you for your inquiry. Currently the firmware will not allow you to change the Wireless Mode  and legacy devices that will associate to the unit. There could be a future firmware release that will un-gray these options.
As for the title line do now know any info on that.
Thank you

EnGenius Support-2
Note: We recommend create a support account at helpcenter.engeniustech.com, If you have created an accout you do not have to create another one.

So basically that tells me they are aware of the issue and just refuse to do anything to correct it. Its unfortunate because they have decent products but their customer service is horrible.

I doubt I will be purchasing any more Engenius products in the future.

Yes, the same thing happened to one of mine.  Kind of annoying this isn't quality checked better.

Today I noticed there is a new firmware available: v3.5.2_c1.9.04
Again it's a multi-part process if your firmware is not already 3.0.1 or later
1) upgrade to v3.0.1 (that's part 1)
2) reset to defaults (yeah, I know, but you really really should)
3) connect back at the IP that the AP gets from DHCP (it may try to direct your browser back to 192.168.1.1, but that won't work if it finds a DHCP server on your LAN)
4) upgrade to v3.5.2 (that's part 2)
5) connect back at the IP that the AP gets from DHCP
6) re-configure everything (hey, now's a good time to change that WPA2 password you've been using for too long)

Since you're already on v3.3.1 you won't be able to do step 1) above - that's OK, proceed to step 2)

After you do all that, the AP will still say "Dual Radio Wall Plate AP" because there is a config file in there that incorrectly states this, I highly suspect it got introduced in the v3.3.1 upgrade.  The way I got it back to normal "Indoor AP" was export the config from a fresh/new EAP1300 that went right from factory to ---> v3.5.2_c1.9.04 and then import that file into your EAP1300 - after the next boot, it will correctly say "Indoor AP" again.  Then, configure everything again.

Apparently attention to detail isn't high up in the priorities of the firmware guy/team.

ok.png

That still doenst explain why the wireless mode is disabled. But where did you find a newer firmware version? The website doesn't say the version it just tells you the upgrade procedure.

Latest "official" version can be found here: https://www.engeniustech.com/eap1300-firmware.html

The part 2 file is named: eap1300-all-v3.5.2.6_c1.9.04.bin  which the resulting firmware displayed after you load it is: v3.5.2_c1.9.04

What's unfortunate is I just received a EAP1300 new from the factory, it had firmware v3.3.1 already on it, and it says "Dual Radio Wall Plate AP"

A co-worker purchased a EAP1250 for his home, that one also came from the factory with v3.3.1 already on it, and it says "Dual Radio Wall Plate AP" too.

So it would seem there is a mess-up somewhere.

Worse yet, the reset button on the EAP1300 seems to do absolutely nothing now, as after holding for 30 seconds during power-up, or when already on, nothing happens. This is for units on firmware v3.5.2_c1.9.04

Any of my attempts to downgrade to an earlier version end up saying the file is of the wrong type and won't load.

It's sad that the quality control is no longer present in EnGenius devices.

Edited by jpm