onlyoneme

EAP1750H firmware v3.0.0

I've installed a new v3.0.0 firmware. After restoring the default settings and access point reconfiguration I've realized that I can no longer monitor WLAN details via SNMP, for example OID .1.3.6.1.4.1.14125.2.2.10.1.21. Is something wrong with the new firmware or maybe the MIB structure has changed?

Capture.PNG

3 hours ago, onlyoneme said:

I've installed a new v3.0.0 firmware. After restoring the default settings and access point reconfiguration I've realized that I can no longer monitor WLAN details via SNMP, for example OID .1.3.6.1.4.1.14125.2.2.10.1.21. Is something wrong with the new firmware or maybe the MIB structure has changed?

Capture.PNG

There may possibly a change on the MIB file as the configuration settings has also changed on the new firmware code. I will check with the engineering team and if possible getting the latest MIB file from them.

2 hours ago, laireV said:

There may possibly a change on the MIB file as the configuration settings has also changed on the new firmware code. I will check with the engineering team and if possible getting the latest MIB file from them.

@onlyoneme

Just curious, where did you get the firmware v3.0.0 for EAP1750H? 

EnGenius US do not have this version of firmware. For EAP1750H US version, firmware can only be downloaded from the link below:

https://www.engeniustech.com/engenius-products/indoor-wireless-ceiling-ap-eap1750h/ 

2 minutes ago, laireV said:

@onlyoneme

Just curious, where did you get the firmware v3.0.0 for EAP1750H? 

EnGenius US do not have this version of firmware. For EAP1750H US version, firmware can only be downloaded from the link below:

https://www.engeniustech.com/engenius-products/indoor-wireless-ceiling-ap-eap1750h/ 

It became available on European servers:

https://www.engeniusnetworks.eu/eap1750h

5 minutes ago, laireV said:

Thought so, EnGenius US do not have this firmware version. If your EAP1750H is from US, I encourage you install the firmware from US website.

I don't even know if my device is US version or not. Its SKU is INT. The FW is multinational, just like the previous one - 2.0.361.

1 minute ago, onlyoneme said:

I don't even know if my device is US version or not. Its SKU is INT. The FW is multinational, just like the previous one - 2.0.361.

Does it say ETSI or FCC on the sticker? 

8 minutes ago, laireV said:

Does it say ETSI or FCC on the sticker? 

I don't see such thing on the sticker. There are MAC addresses, serial number and HW / SW versions. Do you mean the sticker on the device close to the ethernet / power sockets?

Just now, onlyoneme said:

I don't see such thing on the sticker. There are MAC addresses, serial number and HW / SW versions. Do you mean the sticker on the device close to the ethernet / power sockets?

Yes.

3 minutes ago, laireV said:

Yes.

It is mentioned in the text block on the left side of sticker that a device complies with FCC rules and standards. Are you talking about that?

Yes. Where did you get your EAP1750H? Did you buy it from Europe or US?

If you purchase it from US, it would be better using the firmware from the link that I provided.

2 minutes ago, laireV said:

Yes. Where did you get your EAP1750H? Did you buy it from Europe or US?

If you purchase it from US, it would be better using the firmware from the link that I provided.

I do not really know. It was a gift and all I know is that it has been bought on eBay.

If EU fw is not a correct one for my device, do you know when it's supposed for US 3.0 fw to be released? The new FW seems to be less problematic than an old one, apart of SNMP issue. 

I see. I honestly do not have any word from the engineering team here in the US. However if there will be v3.0 firmware for EAP1750H (US version), it will be posted on EnGenius US website.

4 minutes ago, laireV said:

I see. I honestly do not have any word from the engineering team here in the US. However if there will be v3.0 firmware for EAP1750H (US version), it will be posted on EnGenius US website.

Ok, I will wait for US version to check if it helps. Sorry for disturbance, I did't know it's mainly US related forum. I'm from EU, that's why I've downloaded my FW from EU server, but I couldn't find any community forum there, so I've decided to describe an issue here.

10 minutes ago, laireV said:

No worries. This community forum is not only for US. Your post caught my attention so I did respond. Hopefully, EnGenius Europe would also find this interesting.  

As I have faced serious VLAN issues I've decided to downgrade the FW. Unfortunately I'm not able to do that as I'm getting the error

Firmware upgrade is failed for unexpected reasons. Please make sure your firmware is valid.

All I can do is to reflash the current FW. Is the FW downgrade forbidden?

4 hours ago, onlyoneme said:

As I have faced serious VLAN issues I've decided to downgrade the FW. Unfortunately I'm not able to do that as I'm getting the error

Firmware upgrade is failed for unexpected reasons. Please make sure your firmware is valid.

All I can do is to reflash the current FW. Is the FW downgrade forbidden?

It is possible that the firmware you are trying to upload is not compatible with your hardware. As mentioned above the firmware version 3.0 has not released in the US, you may try contacting EnGenius Europe for compatible firmware for your EAP1750H. See below:

EnGenius Networks Europe B.V.
Esp 240
5633 AC Eindhoven
The Netherlands

Tel +31 40 8200 888

Operating Hours
Monday - Friday (9am - 17:00pm)
Closed on Saturday, Sunday & Public Holidays

I've tried with different INT, ETSI and FCC firmwares, no success. By the way I think the 3.0 FW is not region restricted. There are 3 versions of 2.0.361 FW for example, with headers

FWINFO-EAP1750H-ETSI-v2.0.361-160519

FWINFO-EAP1750H-FCC-v2.0.361-160519

FWINFO-EAP1750H-INT-v2.0.361-160519

In case of 3.0 there is just

FWINFO-EAP1750H-ALL-v3.0.0-170727-CAPWAP-c1.8.57

ALL, not ETSI, INT or FCC.

8 minutes ago, onlyoneme said:

I've tried with different INT, ETSI and FCC firmwares, no success. By the way I think the 3.0 FW is not region restricted. There are 3 versions of 2.0.361 FW for example, with headers

FWINFO-EAP1750H-ETSI-v2.0.361-160519

FWINFO-EAP1750H-FCC-v2.0.361-160519

FWINFO-EAP1750H-INT-v2.0.361-160519

In case of 3.0 there is just

FWINFO-EAP1750H-ALL-v3.0.0-170727-CAPWAP-c1.8.57

ALL, not ETSI, INT or FCC.

Did you try flashing the firmware FWINFO-EAP1750H-FCC-v2.0.361-160519 to your EAP1750H  then try downgrading the firmware.

I've tried with all available regional versions. The serial number of my AP cannot be validated on EU website, so maybe it's really an US version. The statement is:

Your serial is INVALID. We regret to inform that only support shall be provided to serial numbers that can be validated here. If your serial number cannot be validated here we suggest you approach the dealer, you originally purchased the product from.

No EnGenius EU support for my device.

Hi I also experience issues with the V3.0.0 firmware for the EAP1750H. I can't seem to find any updates/higher version but somehow I downloaded it in the first place (forgot where) 

Can someone point me to a location where I could download an updated v3 fw version?

Quite frustrated at the moment, the v3.0.0 is flawed (after one day airplay no longer works and I have to reset the device) and I can't downgrade anymore...

Edited by Berry