SRTDODGE05

EnStationAC Speed issues

I bought 12 on these units to use indoors and outdoors. Right now I'm having speed issues with 8 of them and cannot figure it out. On the Master one I leave it as "Access Point" I left the other settings to auto. I changed the IP and changed the SSID with a password. I go to the next two devices and set them as "Client Bridge". I made sure they all connected and was able to ping each other. I noticed they only connected at 54 Mb/s. I moved the three devices around my work shop and they wont connect any faster then 54 Mb/s. I take them over the hangar they are going to be used it and mounted them. They are in a triangle pattern around 45ft off the ground. Signal is -42 to -46 and the speed is still stuck at 54 Mb/s. I grabbed another three of the EnStationAC for another hangar and the samething again 54 Mb/s. I have two more connecting the buildings together they around like 500+ft away. Again 54 Mb/s and will not connect faster. That makes eight of these that will not connect any faster then 54 Mb/s. I grabbed two more and mounted one on my work shop outside and got another one and mounted it 1.3 miles away. I put them up real fast just to see what would happen and I'm getting 300 Mb/s no problem. I can ping and stream 1080p security camera's no problem. I grabbed another one and mounted it outside on a building like 2,000ft away and I'm getting 360 Mb/s. So currently I have three that work fine outside. Two outside that wont connect any better then 54 Mb/s. Then I have (6) total, 3 in each building that will not work faster then 54 Mb/s. I've seen the speeds drop all the way down to 6.5 Mb/s.

Do these devices have a minimum distance needed between them?

I've tried:

20, 40 and 80Mhz and with the channel on Auto and 36, 48, 120, 161 and 165

I tried transmit power level on Auto, Lowest setting and highest.

I tried changing data rate speed from auto to a set speed and non of the devices will connect.

Distance setting I tried 1 and upto 5. Not sure if that does anything. 

I'm using WPA2/PSK TKIP+AES for security. 

You may want to try setting the wireless security to WPA2-PSK with the encryption set to AES only.

That is one of the last things I tried and it worked. Went from 54 Mb/s to 173.3 Mb/s. Channel 108 seems to work the best for me. 

You may also want to adjust the transmit power manually specially if the distance is relatively close like 1,000ft or under.

I'm going to try that next. I'm just happy I have usable speeds now. Using these to monitor security camera's and control hvac equipment between buildings.