SAWallace

VLAN Issues - EWS1200-28TFP & WAPs

Hi All!

I fought for a couple days this past weekend to accomplish something that should be fairly straight forward (I thought).  Here's what I have, and what's going on:

Luxul Router (don't remember model number, but supports up to 8 VLANs)

Engenius EWS1200-28TFP 24-port Managed PoE Switch with built-in Wireless Controller

1 x 300-series and 1 x 500-series Engenius WAP

I was able to configure the Router for VLANs and pass those VLANs correctly to any port on the switch used as an Access Port.  Where I can't seem to succeed is getting the AP's correctly configured on the Engenius Switch/Controller such that they allow their clients to be assigned IP's in the appropriate VLAN from the router.  Heck, I couldn't even get the AP's themselves to pull an IP correctly.

Even more infuriating, after my lack of success, I restored the switch/controller and router to the last known working config from backup (everything working, but no VLAN separation), and now 1 AP shows it has an IP from the router as it should, but no AP clients are getting IP's, and the other AP won't even pull an IP.  The second AP has a 192.168.1.1 IP, even though it is connected and appears in the controller, and the local network is 192.168.169.X.

Any thoughts / ideas from anyone are greatly appreciated :)

Scott