Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sytamura

2 EAP600 connected to same switch

I have two EAP600 on different ceilings of a house. Both are directly wired to a Netgear GS752TP switch with 48 port PoE. The switch in turn is connected to a cable modem + router from the local cable company Spectrum (formerly Oceanic Cable) with its wireless disabled. Internet is intermittently sluggish.

I want both EAP600 setup so they receive Internet via the switch and someone can go between access points without disconnecting from one to connect to the other and without a reduction in signal due to being connected together. I've attached screenshots and a diagram of the configuration. Can someone tell me if I have configure it correctly? Also does the two EAP600 being different H/W and S/W version make any difference?

Please let me know if you have any questions or need additional information.

EAP600.pdf

I see that both EAP600 APs are wired to the network. Just set both EAP600 in access point mode on both bands. You can set the APs with the same SSID, wireless security mode and passphrase. There will still be a short period of disconnection as your smartphone/laptop hops from one AP to the other but you don't have to manually select and enter the passphrase as the client device roams. The client device should have saved that wireless profile (SSID, security type and passphrase) on its list.