Bob@Firthtech

EnstationAC and EWS860AP Injector's

hi all,

ok we are using the Enstation AC and the EWS860AP and are a bit confused on the correct injector to use for  what device.( Bridge and AP )

witch injector is used for the Bridge (white 48V or the black 30V) ? and witch injector is used for the AP (white 48V or the black 30V)? and the best way to hook these 2 devices together ? is there a diagram someone  can send me ?  Engenius is really confusing me with the correct way to hook these things up and it is getting annoying.

Thanks

Bob

Both the EnStationAC and the EWS860AP are 802.3at usually come with either the EPE-48GR PoE injector or the  EPA5006GP PoE injector. What are the model numbers of the PoE injectors that you are referring to? 

we have the EPE-48GR ( white injector )  and  the EPA5006GP( black injector ),  one  Engenius  tech  said  to use the EPA5006GP for  the EWS860AP, but on Engenius's website it says to use the EPE-48GR. this is  the confusion.

thanks

bob

Either of the two PoE injectors (EPE-49GR and EPA5006GP) will work with the EWS860AP and the EnStationAC. It is worth noting though that the only way to reset an EWS860AP without accessing the GUI is through the reset button that is on the EPE-48GR. The EPA5006GP does not have a reset button. So you may want to use that EPE-48GR with your EWS860AP.

ok great thanks,

another question for you. what is  the correct way to hook the bridge and the AP up together ?  i mean from white injector to PoE side of bridge then from the LAN side down to the black PoE injector hooked in to the Poe side, then from the LAN side to the EWS860AP PoE side on AP  is this sound correct ?

thanks again

bob