candersen10

ENH500 as Client Bridge - DNS / IP Address conflicts with Verizon FIOS router

Hello, I have a single ENH500 mounted outside of my shop, and receiving a signal coming from a wireless network in my house about 250 feet away.

My ENH500 is set to the IP address 192.168.1.250, to avoid conflicting with the standard Verizon router IP address (192.168.1.1).  I have attached images of the ENH500 settings screen, and the Verizon Router setup screen and how it shows the shop ENH500.

The issue I have, is that while on my ENH500 signal, the internet regularly drops or gives my DNS errors.  I should note, the IP address of my ENH500 does not appear in the list of connected devices on the Verizon Router page under the IP address 192.168.1.250.

Does anyone have any ideas what might cause this issue?

Thanks!

ENH500.JPG

verizon.JPG

The ENH500 is not on the Fios DHCP Client List because the ENH500 has a static IP address so is not request for an IP address from the DHCP server. If you go to the Connection Status, what is the signal strength or RSSI that the ENH500 is getting from the Verizon Fios?

I think the issue is IP address-related because it seems to work fine when it works (i.e. I can stream video and music online etc.), but then will suddenly lose the connection at points and get a DNS error.

I believe the Default Gateway within the ENH500 should be set to 192.168.1.1 So that it looks to your router for internet.

Yes, the default gateway should be the same as the local IP address of your router which is 192.168.1.1. That said, with an RSSI of -86dBm the ENH500 is getting a pretty weak signal from the router. For very good connection, the target RSSI is between -45dBm to -60dBm. An RSSI from -61dBm to -70dBm is okay. 

That did not solve the problem.  The router still DNS issues and remains connected to the Verizon network yet cannot connect.  Any other ideas?  Do I have to give out an IP address from the verizon router side to the Engenius ENH500?  The ENH500 never shows up as a connected device on the verizon router admin page.

candersen i have read the problems that you are facing. if you need any help on this issues you can contact 

<a href="https://netgears.support/netgear-router-support-usa/">netgear router support usa</a>. I am assuring you that they will definitely solve your problem.