Genius

Turn off Ringer FreeStyl 1

Brand new FreeStyl 1 owner here.  Awesome unit with amazing range but I cannot seem to control the Base station ringer.  I read the User Manual and it says to use the "down" button in Standby to reduce the volume but there is an error in the manual.  The down button only exists on the Handset.

I've tried both the down arrow on the handset as well as the volume down directly on the Base unit but cannot get the Base unit ringer volume to turn off (or even lower), and it starts off pretty loud out of the box!  Don't want to have to return this because I cannot control the ringing volume but it's too loud to even keep the unit plugged in!

Any suggestions?  

The Freestyl1 base station has a dial pad. You may use the up and down button from the base to adjust the volume ringer of the base station.

Thanks for the reply @Guru but there is just no up and down button on my base.  Only Volume+ and Volume- which do nothing.   What am I missing here?

Engenuis Base.jpg

This sounds interesting. Could you try powering down the unit for 10 seconds then power it back on after 10 seconds. Press the vol+ button to increase and vol- to decrease the volume of the base ringer. Do this while base is on idle (not in use).